The Municipal Court/Violations Bureau handles all criminal complaints, ordinance violations and traffic tickets issued in the Borough of Gibbsboro. This includes complaints and tickets issued by Gibbsboro Police, New Jersey State Police, and Department of Weights and Measures. This office schedules cases for hearings, accepts bail and maintains records of criminal and traffic tickets for attorneys, defendants, residents, and the public.
Gibbsboro Court is a shared court with Audubon Borough. All day-to-day operations are done in the Audubon Court.
|Deputy Court Administrator
|Barb Borgesi & Chelsea Jannetti
To pay a ticket in person, you must go to Audubon Municipal Court at 606 W. Nicholson Road, Audubon, NJ 08106, (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m-4:00 p.m.).
To pay a ticket online, click to access New Jersey Municipal Courts Direct – the fast, secure, convenient way to access your traffic ticket information online, (www.njmcdirect.com)
Court sessions are held in Gibbsboro at the Municipal Building, located at 49 Kirkwood Road, Gibbsboro, NJ 08026.
Request a Plea Offer from Prosecutor
Gibbsboro Court Code – 0413
ALL payable offenses are now able to be disputed online without having to make a court appearance. To request a plea offer from the prosecutor for a ticket online:
- Go to njmcdirect.com and enter your ticket information to search for your ticket (if you do not have your ticket information on hand, click here to perform a case search to find your ticket information – you will still need to know your license plate #).
- Then, select option to “Request a Plea Offer from the Prosecutor“. This will prompt you to create an eCourts log in.
- Follow the proceeding instructions provided to continue to request a plea offer for the ticket.
- Once logged into the Enterprise Portal you will select “Municipal Case Resolution” tile and click on the tile “Request Plea Offer from Prosecutor.” Then search for your ticket with the court code (0413), ticket prefix and ticket number. Once your ticket is found, select the “Plea Offer” button to begin submitting your request to the prosecutor.
- If you have any documents/pictures you would like to submit to the prosecutor to view, you will submit them through the Municipal Case Resolution tile, NOT through the Evidence Submission tile.
- More information on Requesting a Plea Offer from Prosecutor:
- If the prosecutor agrees to recommend a lesser charge, you will receive an email with the proposed lesser charge.
- If you choose to plead guilty to the lesser charge, the judge will review the charge and your plea and decide whether to accept it.
- If you choose not to plead guilty to the lesser charge, you can either:
- Ask for a court date to address the charge in court; or
- Plead guilty to the original charge and pay the fees online.
You can only make one plea offer request for each ticket.
*If your offense is NOT a payable offense, please contact the court to enter a not guilty plea and provide your contact information (valid email address, phone number, mailing address).
- Phone: 856-547-0712
Please contact the court office to schedule a court date. Court is usually held the third Thursday of every month at the Gibbsboro Municipal Building located at 49 Kirkwood Road, Gibbsboro, NJ 08026.
Plea by Mail form34 a
Public Defender Application Form
Every defendant has the right to be represented by an attorney. If a defendant feels that he or she cannot afford an attorney, a judge may determine whether a public defender can be appointed. A defendant will need to complete a “5A Form,” which is the application for a public defender. This form asks for information that will enable the judge to determine if the defendant meets the indigency standards to qualify. If you wish to apply for a public defender, you may complete the form and mail, fax or email the signed and dated form to the Court prior to your court date. There is a fee of up to $200 that the judge will assess if the application is approved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is your mailing address?
A. 606 W. Nicholson Road, Audubon, NJ 08106
Q. Who do I make my check or money order payable to?
A. Gibbsboro Municipal Court
Q. Should I include my summons or complaint number on my check or money order?
A. Yes, please include your summons or complaint number to insure you receive credit for your payment. If you would like a receipt, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Q. Do you accept credit cards as a form of payment?
A. Credit cards are an accepted as form of payment, however credit cards are not an accepted form of payment when posting bail.
Q. What if my ticket is not paid by the date that appears at the bottom of the ticket (located on the ticket where it says notice to appear)?
A. If your ticket is not paid by the due date, there will be a $10.00 late fee added.
Q. My ticket is not marked court appearance required – how do I know if I should appear?
A. If your ticket is not marked court appearance required then most likely you do not need to appear, however if your ticket is not marked court appearance required and it is for a more serious violation, then you should call the court to determine whether or not you should appear.
Q. Are my fines due in full?
A. All fines are due in full. If you appear in court, you will be expected to pay all fines on that date.
Q. Where do I pay a ticket in person?
To pay a ticket in person you must appear at the Audubon Municipal Court located at 606 W. Nicholson Road, Audubon, NJ 08106 (Monday-Friday, 8:30a.m.-4:00p.m.).